The other day we were experiencing internet drama and I blogged about it. Turns out, some key words will stimulate google alerts, kind of like the crime alerts my husband receives. I actually received a response with a direct phone number to Mediacom posted on my blog comments. I in turn gave that number to my husband because frankly, I was done trying to call them.
He got through immediately at work. Wow. And then he called me. We were all three on the phone at the same time. Our internet came back up on its own last Thursday in the middle of the night while I was on puke duty. But our e-mail was all jacked up. So for days I could receive, but not send. That’s a pretty serious problem when you need to send out the Yoga Community E-Newsletter to about 650 people. The girl we spoke with was very nice, but really didn’t do anything but set up a day for them to come out and check everything.
A few days later we were receiving and sending e-mail but it took like 4 or 5 hours to get where it was going. Still not safe enough to try to do a newsletter, so I blew it off. I cleaned my house, I Christmas shopped, I got stuff done. Tired of not being able to send, we made a call using our direct life line. They had us change some server stuff from mail.mchsi.com to mail.mediacombb.net which helped. But then it quit helping.
On the 15th we were completely locked out of our e-mail not only through our outlook express but through the Mediacom webmail as well. It didn’t recognize our usernames or passwords. Crazy, totally crazy. Frank called again and they said they were working on it. In the meantime a technician came to the house on Tuesday (a day earlier than promised) and found two splits. We had been receiving a weak signal which had been part of our problem. The tech also set us up with a different modem and left. Everything was working fine except the e-mail. That same Tuesday night, we decided to call again about the e-mail. They asked us to change some server info.
Hello. We’ve already done that. They assured us the problem would resolve itself. I’m Ok with that but can ya tell me when? Frank called again yesterday, which was Wednesday and got the same stuff. So today, Thursday at 4:30 I called. The guy on the other end says, “Oh some people with certain e-mail programs are locked out as spam, hang on a minute and I’ll fix it.” Just like that. Just like that and I had 137 incoming e-mails no password or username needed. What the heck.
At 5:30 p.m. Thursday I get a phone call from Frank telling me the e-mail works. I said I know, “I called them and they fixed it over the phone.” He was like no way, “I called them today too and they told me the techs were locked out of the e-mail as well.” I guess they’ve done some serious upgrades that didn’t go as planned.
I was ready to switch to DSL but we won’t be doing that. Frank doesn’t want to share bandwidth, he knows how fast I like this to be when I do my auctions, etc. so I guess we’ll be staying with Mediacom…..until this happens again.
So far, so good!!