- Orthodontist consultation for our daughter today. $5,200 for upper and lower braces. Her teeth aren’t bad, bite does need correction, not an emergency. We have no ortho insurance, we will hold off a year, and shop around!
- While I was at this ortho appointment, the person scheduled to sub my yoga class………forgot to show up.
- Later in the afternoon, while cleaning the studio, the vacuum cleaner bag exploded on me! Serious mess. Way worse than when I started.
- Picked my kid up from school, only to find out they were in lock down. Bank very close by had been robbed. Dropped her home, got another sweeper, finished the HUGE mess.
- Tile is up around our kitchen window, this took all of two hours to complete, but two years to get around to it!
- Cruising on the group e-mail newsletter for the yoga community. Lots of things are happening. New location for the Yoga Education Center, additional classes and lots of other things, all good.
- Good things are needed on crazy days like today!
- My husband and my son deer hunt. It grosses me out.
- His family actually process the deer here at the house, which blows my mind. I’m not from a farm. My parents weren’t either, nor are my parents elderly. I don’t get it. My kitchen, was a butcher shop the last few days. My mother-in-law can process a deer all by herself.
- After this week deer season is not over for us. There’s like black powder season, bow season, trip a deer with a wire season, rope a deer when it runs by season……it just goes on….and on!
- If we could plan the finishing of the kitchen, like we do the deer hunting, we would’ve been done before we started.
- My childhood dollhouse is out of the attic and my kid loves it. Haven’t seen her that happy in awhile!
- The yoga studio parking lot, is full of leaves from the Gingko trees. Totally made my day today, wish I had a camera phone, to capture that pile of golden beauty!
- Off season track has started for our son. He’s into something new. Indoor meets. You get your own self there. They’re held out of town. This will cost money. We will figure out how to budget and go, somehow!
- My parents will be here on Tuesday. They’ve closed their last video store, and are officially retired…I think. My stepdad is only 53, so we’ll see on that one.
- My parents are bringing their camper and parking at Lake Taneycomo. I’m thinking, I will spend a night or two down there, check out the Landing in B-Town. Only been once, I’m not into much shopping.
- Evening of Giving is Sunday at the Mall. It’s cool and I always get free tickets, cause I have the hubby hook up.
- Sad thing is, that after this busy weekend, I’ll be too tired to go!
- Saturday restorative yoga for the female physicians of St. John’s, I’m looking forward to new faces, new places and helping people relax.
- Sunday I’ll go to yoga class followed by a Tao Workshop.
- They’ll have free wine at the Evening of Giving.
- I might talk myself into going.
- Stay warm and enjoy the weekend.
Today, my daughter has orchestra first thing. After that, they load up and head to a lake for canoe and kayak safety. She wore her bathing suit, quick dry shorts, sweatpants a T-shirt and sunscreen! We packed a lunch, filled a water bottle and made sure the hat was in the backpack.
I guess they’re going to dump them out of the boats! The morning is cool today, so I’m sure the water won’t be much better! On Tuesday, they spent the day at a creek, snorkeling and studying fish. They’re also learning hunting safety in the classroom, which she thinks is kind of boring.
My son, just rolls his eyes at all of this. He’s a big outdoorsman. He was a junior zoo keeper at our local zoo for two years. He also volunteered at Wonder’s of Wildlife museum, until they decided to completely renovate it, so it’s closed for like a year! Wish they would’ve had this awesome school when he was in 5th grade, it’s truly been an amazing experience for Lauren so far!